Smart containers are designed to disrupt the logistics industry by creating temperature-controlled containers for pharmaceutical and food products throughout the supply chain. The goal is to eliminate the paperwork and allow the automation of their innovative containers through smart contracts and their mother cryptocurrencies. Smart Container Group is an established technology company with 2 Operational;
- Skycell: Specializing in the transport of sensitive pharmaceuticals for the pharmaceutical industry temperature controlled containers in the development
- FoodGuardians: Specializing in Temperature ControlledContainers in Development for the Transportation of Food Products Around the World
Smart Container is designed to solve the following problems:
- Waste of Drugs Due to Temperature Deviation: According to the World Health Organization (WHO) statistics, up to 40% of vaccines have been compromised during transport on temperature deficiencies. Affected vaccines are thrown out.
- Inefficient Paper Trail: The logisitical process is extremely inefficient and complex; hundreds of different paper documents only require a package to be sent from one country to another. In addition, coordinating communication between the actors along the process takes up a huge amount of resources.
Smart container goal to create an integrated logistics ecosystem — called Logi chain — backed by blockchain technology that will be seamless for industry and stakeholders. Logi chain will be an open logistics ecosystem that facilitate shipment organization and management through the use of blockchain technology. This will allow us to create a completely autonomous container, which is characterized by bills cryptocurrencies.
Here’s how the process works:
- virtual representation: A physical logistics unit — which can be a container, package or product — represented by a virtual chip on Logi’s chain is replicated as a virtual product
- Virtual Chip: The chip is virtual and can be achieved by all parties at minimal cost
- Embedded data: various data, documents and attributes about the product, in the chip and made accessible to be embedded in the competent bodies in the supply process. For example, customs officers, freight forwarders, contractors, shippers, buyers, warehouse workers.
A key difference of the Logi chain is that not all documents can be publicly available to all subscribers, with sensitive and private documents stored on an approved blockchain. The various parties in the shipping process will access the documents through an open sourcereader.
At first glance, Smart Containers look to be similar to Modum, which offers blockchain-backed temperature sensors for pharmaceuticals. In the further analysis, both projects offer on different niches within the same market. Modum focuses on data integrity and immutability, which ensures sensory data to belong to every stage of the transportation process is transparent and available to all parties, especially customers. Intelligent containers, on the other hand, focuses on the development of temperature controlled containers. Both seek to target the pharmaceutical market but seem to be complementary rather than competitive. Actually, both Smart Containers and Modum are currently exploring a partnership.
- Natural Blockchain Fit: Smart containers have already developed a successful business with decades of manhours into their logistical container technology. Migration to a blockchain-based solution seems to be a natural fit given the numerous efficiency and synergies that temperature-controlled pharmaceutical and food products stand to gain.
Token Utility & Economics
Smart container will be the exhibition 2 coins: SMARC and LOGI
SMARC tokens are ERC20, dividend tokens, which grant holders up to 20% of future profits. Not only do owners win dividends from the business of smart containers, but potential exit gains — via an IPO (IPO) — can also come into play in the long run. The dividends and future exit profits are paid out in ETH tokens. SMARC tokens are not utility tokensand are purely used for fundraising purposes backed by the business success of smart containers.
I believe that the mere fact that smart containers are planning for an IPO to put it well beyond a majority of the ICOs, present their professional drive to tangible economic success.
The LOGI coin is also an ERC20 token that is used to fuel the payment of smart contract transactions. LOGI tokens are utility tokens that fuel the LOGI chain’s ecosystem, where interest groups can use them to gain access to and pay for a seamless and integrated shipping process with all the data deeply rooted in the blockchain.
Although only 20% of the pre-marked LOGI tokens are available in the public sale, we believe that LOGI tokens could hold great long-term potential as they are directly supported by the actual benefits of the LOGI chain ecosystem. Given a small hardcap of USD $ 4 million, the potential for LOGI tokens to exponentially appreciate.
Smart container team looks impressive; Over 80 employees (including consultants) managed by a top management team with an established track record. Nico Ros (CTO & Co-Founder) was a Managing Partner at Basler ZPF Engineering, which has built some of the most expensive buildings in Switzerland. Thomas Taroni (Head of IT) is the creator of the largest media database in Switzerland, and then formed his own IT company specializing in process automation. Andreas (CFO) the former CFO for Swissport was — the largest floor service provider for airlines — and Unitpool — the largest independent air cargo container pooling company.
Smart containers are also supported by a strong advisory board, including Oliver Bussmann (ex-CIO of UBS and SAP), dr. Fabian Schär (blockchain expert) and Michael Guzik (senior digital strategist currently blockchain technology initiative of PwC headline).
The roadmap for smart containers went as far back as 2009 when it was first thought. They have since been constantly evolving their hardware and are now making an effort to develop their blockchain-backed software to be integrated with their hardware. Although not final, the alpha and beta version of the software will ship in 2018. The development of the FoodGuardians technology will also be carried out simultaneously and should be ready by 2019.
Important statistical data
- Established Business: Intelligent containers have been in operation for more than five years, with more than 50-man years of research
- Competitive Advantage: Intelligent containers hold over 100 patents on their cooling technology, ensuring their technological edge is protected. Their custom cooling technology stores as much as five times more energy than traditional methods to keep the tank at a consistent temperature. Additionally, Intelligent Container products are 75 times more reliable than the market leader with less than 0.1% temperature variance.
- Safest service provider: Intelligent container products have proven to be the most reliable and safest in the pharmaceutical industry. This has been confirmed by 12 of the world’s top 20 pharmaceutical manufacturers who have independently validated the performance of their service offering.
- Hardware Development: Smart Containers Peak Temperature Controlled Containers are already established in the pharmaceutical and food logistics market. They are looking to develop the blockchain integrated software that integrates developed hardware through this token sale.
Backers & Collaboration
Although smart containers have only been in operation for 5 years, it has managed to create strategic partnerships with Cargolux — which is one of the largest cargo airlines in Europe — and Emirates — the largest airline in the Middle East.
- Established Project: Smart Container is an established company with exponential traction in the temperature-control niche that secured large partnerships with such greats as CargoLux and Emirates
- Advanced & Protected Technology: Smart Containers hold over 100 patents on their cooling technology, which has been developed with more than 50-man years of research. Their technological expertise has been reviewed and proven to be much more effective and reliable than traditional competitors.
- Natural Blockchain Fit: At the Back of a Successful Business, Smart Containers continue to integrate their model by applying a blockchain-based ecosystem that will increase the efficiency and cost savings in the temperature-sensitive, logistics niche.
- Feasible Go-To-Market Plan: Probably because of their existing business acumen , Smart Container is one of the few projects that have a defined go-to-market strategy for integrating their blockchain solution into their IT structure as well as their product development, to ensure that all their core competencies are worked on at the same time.
- Steep stakeholder adoption: In order to achieve their vision for smart containers, actors in the traditional logistics process must — in one way or another — use the technology. Whereupon all traditional players jump on the revolutionary and innovative train is a huge challenge, and requires tremendous partnerships, collaborations and pilot testing initiatives to get the ball rolling. however, as they have secured partnerships with major airlines such as Cargolux and Emirates, the future looks bright.
- Missing Blockchain Architecture: Smart containers still have the blockchain architecture to complete their proposed software and ecosystem. Therefore, we can not analyze your project from a technical point of view.
Smart Container(s) is already an established company that has it all; breakthrough technology protected by patents, a profitable business, a strong team, strategic partnership with major brands and a proven use case, which would greatly enhance efficiency and credibility products for transporting sensitive medicines and food. Although their hardware has been making exponential waves, blockchain-based software development in transit would be a completely different ball game.
Would you like to learn more about cryptocurrencies and always find out about the latest cryptoNews, latest ICOs & the most profitable Top Coins? Then CLICK HERE, FOLLOW ME and don’t forget to CLAP for the article!
Marko Vidrih @cryptomarks
@cryptomarks (@VidrihMarko) | Twitter
The latest Tweets from @cryptomarks (@VidrihMarko). Cryptocurrency trader, Researcher, Investor and Crypto enthusiast…
The latest posts from Marko Vidrih. Follow me at @cryptomarks. Crypto, Bitcoin, Blockchain
BitcoinTalk profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3809188