In the near future, the TRON token will break away from the Ethereum Blockchain. In this context, the project issues a new token on its own blockchain. But where to go with the “new” TRX?
Many exchanges have already announced the token exchange to support. The wallet manufacturers, however, look different. Neither Ledger nor Trezor or Exodus will be offering a wallet for the TRX token in the foreseeable future. In this post, we’ll show you how to create a TRON wallet with the TRON Explorer. (The pictures are in German but you will be fine)
Set up TRON wallet
- Step 1: First, go to https://tronscan.org to create the free TRON wallet.
- Step 2: Next, click on “ Open Wallet “ in the upper right corner. It will open some options from which we choose “ Create Wallet “ to start the process.
- Step 3: As soon as we click on “ Create Wallet “ we will be asked to enter a password. For security reasons it is advisable to enter a strong password and to note the password on a sheet of paper
Info: The password is used to encrypt the “private key” and not to generate the private key.
- Step 4: After entering the password, click on “ Next “. Now we can download the keystore file. The file contains the encrypted private key and is required for login.
Info: The keystore file is valid only in connection with the previously entered password. It is best to keep both information externally. If the information is lost, TRON can not recover it.
- Step 5: After downloading the keystore file, click Next . In the next step we get the private key. Everyone who knows the private key has full access to the wallet. The safest option is to write down the private key on a sheet of paper. The TRON Explorer also offers the possibility to print the private key.
Info: Even the private key can not be recovered by TRON if is lost. Never share the key with other people.
- Step 6: After we have noted the private key, we click on “ Next “ to complete the setup of the TRX wallet. With the button “ Go to Account Page “, we can see our wallet.
- Step 7: Done! Now you can send and receive tokens and participate in the voting of TRON Super representatives.